Girl Within Event
Save the date!
12th Annual Girl Within Luncheon
Be part of an afternoon supporting young women and girls in our community.
Friday, December 7, 2012
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Marriott Downtown Hartford
200 Columbus Blvd., Hartford, CT
The annual Girl Within Luncheon celebrates the commitment our community has to improving the well-being of at-risk young women and girls in the greater Hartford area. Proceeds from the event will enable the Village to deliver transformative programs to young women and girls who need guidance and inspiration to develop into independent, healthy adults, able to give back to their communities.
For more information and to learn about our sponsorship opportunities, please contact Alison Swain 860.297.0545 or email@example.com.
Village for Families & Children, Inc.
1680 Albany Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
Victoria Rowell, actress, author, foster care advocate
- Acting credits include: Young and the Restless, The Cosby Show, Diagnosis Murder, Eve’s Bayou and Distinguished Gentleman.
- Advocate for adoption and foster care – the National Spokesperson for Casey Family Services since 1998.
- Author of two books, the New York Times bestseller The Women Who Raised Me and Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva.
- NAACP Image Award winner in 2008 for Outstanding Literary Work by a Debut Author for The Women Who Raised Me.
- Official blogger with the Huffington Post.
For more information on this speaker please visit www.apbspeakers.com
The Girl Within Luncheon Committee
Amanda Durant Finman
Susan Fitzgerald – University of Hartford
Kate Busch Gervais – Strategic Management Consulting
Cathy Iacovazzi – US Trust/Bank of America
Leslie McCarter – The Village
Carlene Mercier – Brown Rudnick
Joelle Murchison Hayes – Travelers
Dr. Elsa Nunez – Eastern Connecticut State University
Jenny Valedaserra – AXA Equitable